Westoe Travel logo Travel Money
(0191) 455 2292
Home Travel Money Visas & Passports Day Trips Rail Adventures Travel Insurance Feedback Sign up for Offers

Most Popular Offers

Visas And Passports


All passengers must have a valid passport for overseas journies. Depending on the country issuing your passport, a visa may also be required. More information can be found at the Identity & Passport Service

Identity and Passport service

Customers should ensure that they are fit enough to travel, please check with your General Practictioner and www.fco.gov.uk/travel and www.nathnac.org

The latest advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office about travelling abroad

Foreign and commonwealth office

Travel Insurance
You are strongly recommended to take adequate insurance for all passengers.

Further Visa Information

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
For more information
Canada ETA Information

Apply for a New ESTA
All eligible international travelers who wish to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization.
Who You Are:
You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
Your travel is for 90 days or less.
You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons.

What You Need:
Valid passport from a Visa Waiver Program country.
Valid credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover (JCB, Diners Club)) to pay US $14 per application.
Your contact information.
Your most recent employment information, if applicable.
For more information United States of America ESTA

From 21 January 2016 most people who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria since March 2011, or are dual nationals of these countries, will no longer qualify for entry under the VWP and existing ESTAs could be revoked. You will instead need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate. If in doubt please contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate. Also, from 1 April 2016, all travellers wishing to enter the US under the VWP will need to hold a passport with an integrated chip (an ePassport). See
Entry requirements

Entry requirements - Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)

The VWP allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey permissible under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country.

You do not qualify for entry to the USA under the VWP, and will need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate, if:

You have a British passport that describes your nationality as something other than ‘British Citizen’;
Your passport has been extended by 12 months under exceptional measures put in place in mid 2014;
Your passport doesn’t include

certain security features;
You have been arrested for certain crimes, even if it didn’t result in a criminal conviction;
You are a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria;
You have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since March 2011.

Certain exemptions apply on a case-by-case basis to those who have travelled to these countries: on official duty on behalf of an international, regional, or sub-national organisation, a humanitarian NGO; journalists who have travelled for reporting purposes; UK military and government personnel, and those who have travelled for legitimate business purposes to Iraq, or Iran (after 14 July 2015). You should apply to the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for a waiver.

Additionally, from 1 April 2016, all travellers wishing to enter the US under the VWP will need to hold a passport with an integrated chip (an ePassport). British passports issued since October 2006 are ePassports and carry this internationally recognised symbol on the front cover.

Those travelling under the VWP arriving by air or sea should provide details online at least 72 hours before travel. This is known as an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation or ESTA. If you do not have an ESTA you’ll be refused travel to the USA. For more information, and to apply online, visit the official ESTA website.

Approved ESTAs for entry into to the US for those who have previously travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria, or for those who hold dual nationality of these countries, could be revoked from 21 January 2016 following a change to the VWP qualifying rules. You are advised to check with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate before travelling to determine if you need to apply for a visa.

Changes to on-line information on the ESTA website about the new rules are not expected to be made until the end of February 2016. Therefore, if you have doubts about whether you’re eligible to enter the US under the VWP, or if you have any questions about visa matters generally, you should contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for advice.

The overall level of FCO advice for the USA has not changed and there are no travel restrictions in place.

The full FCO travel advice for USA can be accessed via this link: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

If you plan to visit Australia for 3 months and you hold a passport from the European Union,you can apply online, free of charge for a 3 month visitor visa. This visa is called an eVisitor. If you hold one of these passports this is the simplest way to get a visa for your holiday.
For more information evisa for Australia

To book call the number below

(0191) 455 2292

or if you would like to be contacted by one of our consultants please fill in the form below.

   * Denotes fields that are mandatory
    One of e-mail, telephone or mobile is required


« See more Most Popular Offers